Monday 7 July 2008

Fell Bats

So I've been a bit slack updating this the last couple of weeks, must get around to this more often!

My painting night with my gaming group wasn't as productive as we'd hoped, hence no photos from that yet. I will try to get the others to post something on here tho eventually! My skaven gun teams will one day be completed, but for now vampire counts get my time.

So today's post is Fell Bats.

These beauties got painted up last year during a Mighty Empires campaign we were playing. I found the campaign very encouraging for getting my figures done and I'll put some of the others that got a coat of paint thanks to these fun games.
Starting with small forces, our campaign really focused on core units initially and the cheaper special and rares. Characters got a lot of focus too as we used a progression system for them and they all got names over time.

The fell bats were painted because they seemed a solid choice for this sort of environment, being 60 points for 3 and useful against all sorts of small enemy units.

I was playing world of warcraft at the time and decided upon the colour scheme after encountering some unpleasant vampire bats in the game.

This was before the time of foundation paints, so I've actually just layered blood red up to make what I thought was quite a nice effect on the wings and other bits of skin showing. The 'fingers' are bubonic brown and the fur is dry brushed shadow grey which has a nice blue tinge to it. The eyes are sun burst yellow over white for extra piercing stares.

Bit of a busy week this week so maybe another post at the weekend, I have a number of new models to show off as well a my back catalogue to work on so must get on with it!

No comments: